Várfok Gallery, celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2010 has started the reconstruction and the modernization of its halls in occasion of the jubilee year. This procedure resulted the union of two former exhibition halls in the former XO Hall (1012, Várfok u. 11.) and so Várfok Gallery has been enlarged to 300 m2. The reconstruction did not just serve the idea of expansion but, by taking into consideration many demands and (professional) aspects, created an even more competitive contemporary art gallery on the international art market. The modernization followed these directives as for the exhibition spaces (movable walls, projection room, new picture hanging system, modern lighting system, etc.), the services to assure the visitors’ comfort (host counter, separate man and woman toilettes, easy access for visitors limited in their mobility, free entrance, etc.) and the functional spaces (separate office block, huge store-room, archives, „show-wall”, etc.).
The former Várfok Hall went through a full renovation too: Spiritusz Gallery, created in Pest in 2007 as the branch of Várfok, will move next to the „mother institution” assuring a more concentrated cooperation for Várfok Gallery Group.